Opened in 1946 as a small engine shop in Washington PA, William C. Engle
worked on anything from radios to outboard motors.
Joined by his young sons, Bill, John and Tom, the Engle's added boat sales and their business took off.
William bought property along the Ten Mile Creek , a tributary of
the Monongahela River at mile 65.6 just outside of Fredericktown in Washington
County. There he founded the Ten Mile Yacht Club and Ten Mile Power Squadron. In the 1960's the Engle men along with veteran boaters in Millsboro joined the boat racing circuit. They traveled the nation making a name in the racing circuit and burning up the waterways. The need to be close to water was evident to expand on their boating business, William bought several additional parcels along the creek in
Millsboro and eventually migrated the Washington business to its current location on the Ten Mile Creek, and established it as a Full Service Marina, Engle's Holiday Harbor.